Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Roughing (again)

mmetzinger

Ok, it's me again. I still have no access to the FTP, but I am going to e-mail my file to cadcam to place up on the FTP (thanks cadcam). The file is called "test_roughing.MC9"

If anyone is interested, I want to rough out the cavity shape ONLY. The top parting line profile is wire cut when I recieve the part to machine the cavity.

Don't ask why, it's just how we do it.

So, I need to machine the cavity area while minimizing the air cutting. Anyone want to throw down some path and show me how it's done? All of the path I can muster up is crap, especially on the machine when the project manager is watching the Sandvik ball end mill cut air so efficiently. They just love that.

So, as a note, on layer 99 is a representaion of the part that I get from wire EDM with the parting line already cut. I need to begin cutting from there.

Also, this is steel, not graphite or wax, so climb milling would be used (if I could get any path down), so please keep that in mind if you decide to put in your input and/or toolpath.

For anyone who decides to do this, please e-mail me your resultant .MC9 file to [email protected]

Thanks in advance to all who wish to help me out

quote:

Anyone want to throw down some path and show me how it's done?

I've got some parts I need prog'd also, if anyone's got some free time. eek.gif

J/K, zinger.. biggrin.gif I just couldn't resist.

I'll let some others answer the ? since there's prolly a lot more peeps that do it all day long.

'Rekd teh I'm only 38 physically