Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

New Lathe tool Library

K2csq7

Hi all,

I have 6 tools I used for a part. I went into the tool manager, created a new library by clicking on the "create a new tool library" icon in the tool manager. Then selected the 6 tools, right clicked and chose "save tools to a library". Picked my library and it said "Library updated successfully". So I green check out of the tool manager, and try making a new operation. When I pick "select library tool" and choose the new library I just made this is what I see. (attached pic).

What did I do wrong?

BTW, these are not custom tools, picked them out of the inch library and switched em from left to right turret, and changed the corner rad for a couple of the inserts.

TIA....

Good luck man. I've been trying to organize my random tools by simplifying libraries and getting sloppy tools up to date with custom drawn geometry to clean things up in X5. The tool libraries just seem plain screwed up for X5. I can't explain many issues I've had and there seems to be no consistency to it. I've created libraries that won't show up in the folder anywhere. Many weird things. I'm just guessing they're "buggy" for now.

Holy Crap, I asked a question about right angle head tooling (2 tools using the same head) a while back because it just didn't seem right. I let it go, now here I am maybe a month later having issues with lathe tooling and it thinks I wanna use one of those right angle head chamfer mills!!!!!!!!!!! Never saved the chamfer mill to a library, not using a right angle head on the VTL....

Right angle head tooling question

See attached pic...

Keith,

I noticed that your custom library is set as a tooldb (tool data base) as Steve noted.

When I select create new library in the lathe tool manager the default is to create a tooldb,

I change the file type by selecting one of the tools-5 libraries then rename it, example my custom.tools-5 B)

Also make certain the tools are defined correctly,

Are the tools you're setting up in the custom library, custom defined profiles?

Are the custom profiles defined with an .mcx file?

Are the .mcx files in the lathe tool folder and are the custom tools mapped to find the geom there?