Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Posting to 54,55,56,57,58----

Diesel Tom

I just need to know :rolleyes: ! Is there a way custom post or custom something or another to be able to take my program with multiple tools and be able to run tool number one on g54 g55,56,,57,58,ect. then tool number two on g54 g54 56,57,58,ect. and so on and so forth????? this would be way cooler than taring apart my programs and coping and pasting just to decrease tool changes. its probably something easy like N130 G00 G90 G54,G55,G56,G57ect.... X3.6875 Y-1.4688 S180 M03 right!!!!!!!!!

Life is short have fun!!!!!1

sounds like you need to use toolpath transform, and have offset #ing assign new, and click operation type.

I don't understand you mean to translate my parts five to ten times and post each one of them out in g54 then g55 :huh: So I guess is there a better way than that. I guess is it possible to hire someone to build a post that every time it finds a tool change I can assign g54,g55,g56,g57 and so on witch would be a huge time saver.

I guess is it possible to hire someone to build a post that every time it finds a tool change I can assign g54,g55,g56,g57 and so on witch would be a huge time saver.

your re-seller should be able to help you with that. would you be able to attach a sample of what you're trying to do?

your re-seller should be able to help you with that. would you be able to attach a sample of what you're trying to do?

I'm trying to take a program that has several tools and have to run say 300 parts I want to set up as many as I can and run each tool on each part tool #1 g54 g55 g56 tool number 2 g54 g55 g56 and so on without cutting and pasting posted programs to cut down on tool changes :D time=$

Take a look at this thread and it will help you. I have put togther sample files on how to do this:

http://www.emastercam.com/board/index.php?showtopic=37447&st=0&p=274178&hl=+tech%20+tip&fromsearch=1entry274178

And, here is another suggestion: If you have extended workoffsets (G54.1 P1 thru P48), I would use those and not use G54, G55, G56, etc. since with a very simple post mod you can setup your MC files to enter 1 to equal G54.1 P1, 2 to equal G54.1 P2 and so on. It's make life much easier than -1 = G54.

isn't this what you want?

I guess I don't get how each tool will run g54,g55g56g57 and so on if there is a translate between G54 G55 G56 and so on its great I could then post out each tool individually to run in order! I guess it would be the same as coping and pasting though. I guess I'm looking for a quicker way.

I'VE BEEN DOING THIS FOR A LONG TIME. I USE 2 DIFF. POSTS, ONE THAT CREATES THE SUB PRG'S WITH THE TOOL INFO. THEN ANOTHER THAT JUST POSTS THE TOOL CALL UP AND

54'S EXT,

T1 M6

M1

G54

M98 P101

G55

M98 P101

ECT.

I RUN THE SUB FIRST AND SAVE IT UNDER A DUMMY NC FILE.

I HAVE THE MAIN POST ASK HOW MANY FIXTURES TO USE SO I CAN CONTROL

G55-G59 OR E1-E20 EXT.

THEN I POST THE MAIN AND INSERT THE DUMMY NC FILE USING THE EDITOR.

I HAVE BEEN DOING THIS SINCE V7, ALL YOUR SPEEDS/FEEDS ARE IN ONE SUB PRG. PER TOOL / EASY FOR OPERATERS TO ADJUST.