Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

creating a vacuum mold?

can machine

i will try. make a solid of a box on another level. Bring up the part level, the part should be half inside the box. then open your solids menue and click boelen remove, follow the promt. It will ask to choose wich to keep and wich to remove. it should end up just opposit of the part.

I've tried a bunch of things and I keep getting an error:

Parasolid® Kernal Interface Error

Boolean Error

Face imprinting operation failed

i just did it on a simple part with no problems. make sure you use a copy of the model because when you do the boelen remove you will lose that model. if you want to send it i will give it a shot.

The reference to a non-manifold body is because the boolean operation (subtract) would have 2 results. The block will have a cavity for the part outside and a solid for the inside of your part. Use the -->solids -->non-associative -->remove na menu and you should get a result. I do vacuum molds all the time and I get the part solids from a solidworks system. I find it much easier and more reliable in the long run to create the mold geometry from scratch. I create 2D geometry and new solids and do not try and use the imported solid. If you need to make 1 change to the mold afterwards you will not regret the extra time spent on creating the mold from scratch.

• Like 1

Thanks for all your help. I finally received a e-mail from my Mastercam rep late on Friday. He made me a little tutorial video explaining how it is done. And yes the holes were what was causing me problems, so I filled them in. I played around with it this weekend and I think I've got it now. Thanks again.