Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Round Boring Bars... What gives?

Mick

I was playing around with the Mastercam to Vericut C-hook earlier. I noticed that the boring bars were coming through as square shanks. No problem I thought... I'll just change to a round shank (remembering that feature from X4).

Well, I just noticed, that it is only external turning tools that can have a round shank, and not boring bars... What gives with that?

Am I doing something wrong? Or missing something?

Version 7.1.1

I haven't used Vericut all that much, and I was lined up to go to both the Vericut and Machine building courses in March, but the company pulled the pin on it :(

So for now, I'm resigned to trying to teach myself.

Ok, I need to revisit this. On the weekend, I tried defining a boring bar in X5 (MU1 PC), but it didn't give me the option of a square or round shank. It was definitely a boring bar I had chosen, as I checked that several times.

I'll check that tonight.

I need to scratch my head more... :unsure:

I was playing around with the Mastercam to Vericut C-hook earlier. I noticed that the boring bars were coming through as square shanks. No problem I thought... I'll just change to a round shank (remembering that feature from X4).

Well, I just noticed, that it is only external turning tools that can have a round shank, and not boring bars... What gives with that?

Am I doing something wrong? Or missing something?

Boring bars are assumed to always have a round shank. The 'A' dimension is the bar diameter.