Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

FTP is shut down: Please read

cadcam

Due to Fire Dragon offering my FTP site up to the News groups as a warz FTP site, I have to shut it down at this moment and decide what I want to do beside go after him is one start.

Thank you to the member that had given me this info and proof to go with.

I will be starting by changeing the user & Password but I need to think more about this.

Any thoughts at this time please let me know sorry folks.

Here is the info info that was sent to me.

[ 05-09-2003, 11:58 PM: Message edited by: cadcam ]

Sorry, about the problem! mad.gif

I cannot offer any real help frown.gif - other than a sugestion!

If it does turn out to be the same person posting here as "Fire Dragon", is responsible for this B.S.!

FIND "YOUR" LOCAL - 12 yr. old - "WHIZ KID"

- AND HAVE HIM "TOAST!" THIS "JERK'S" COMPUTER!

Again, SORRY! - there is always "ONE", who would screw-it up for EVERYONE! frown.gif

Mark A. mad.gif

As of right now it is backup for a while.

I did not find any files to worry about. If anyone sees any file that we know that should not be there please send me an email right away so I can remove it. thanks.

Please follow thae same rules as before do not make any new folders and post your file in the right folder.

If you need a new folder please eamil me or post and tell me what other folders we need.

Thanks guys.

What a jerk!!!

Fire Dragon doesn't want anyone to know who he is but doesn't have a problem flaming people here and on their e-mail accounts or offering up Jays ftp site for others useage!

I definately think this jerk should be banned from the forum. Whattya say webby?

Let us know if theres anything we can do to help you Jay.

mad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gif

Warez is what is commonly referred to as freebie software from illegal piracy channels. Piracy, in MHO will always be present whether through newsgroups or through undergound channeling.

A word of caution would be the mention of pirated software is what we consider taboo on this forum.

You did ask the question - I hope that this is the end of it.

cheers.gif

Regards, Jack

"A word of caution would be the mention of pirated software is what we consider taboo on this forum.

You did ask the question - I hope that this is the end of it."

Trust me Jack, I just spent $35,000.00 + on M/C software for my business from Prism Engineering in PA. I have no intentions of trying to buy "Pirated software". I was just ignorant as to what that word meant. That's all. Thanks for educating me. wink.gif Peace!!!

Why don't you just give a password and user name to anyone that wants it, but make them all seperate and different. That way, since only the person knows their password, you will have a log of what user logged in and what file transfering they did. Not everyone posts to the ftp site, and if they had to wait a couple hours for you to respond, it wouldn't be a real big deal. It would at least keep illegal software off the ftp, and if it didn't, its not hard to figure out who.

Jeremy

Let me preface this by saying that I'm not trying to be a wiseass here, just making sure you know:

You can edit your own posts by clicking the little "edit" icon on the top right [the sheet of paper with the pencil] instead of needing to re-post to correct it

C

DrewG

Yeah, I love sport bikes. That pict is from my drag racing days. It's a GSXR 750, (now my wife's street bike). You can see a couple of the plaques I got with that bike in my profile image. Out of 5 races that year I got 2 1sts and a 2nd, the last round of the last race that season I beat my teammate, (the team owner's son), by .035 seconds.

Nowadays it's pretty much only trips up Palomar Mtn or out to the Lagunas.

'Racin Rekd

Too all you great folks. I have made some changes to keep it going.

I thank you all for your support and thoughts.

I will make sure in every way that I can to keep the FTP alive.

Hope everyone had a great Mothers Day with the Wifes and Mothers.

RekD, I saw your bike pic on the CNC Zone website, and realized you were into sport bikes. That's almost all that we manufacture--sportbike products. Laguna Seca was a place I always wanted to race(love the corkscrew), however I never made it pass the Mississippi River. I was never into drag racing, just road racing in the AMA series. Oh to be younger with less apprehension, and a body that recover's faster. cheers.gif

DrewG

What do you make? Aftermarket race equip? Accessories?

There's actually a very strange reason I love sport bikes, I'll give you the down and dirty version.

I've been riding all my life. Never sport bikes, though. The scared me somewhat. Back in high school, I met this jr high girl. We were somewhat friends, but I was infatuated with her from the beginning. (spikes and leather and the sort.. eek.gif )

Years later we started hanging out, she would ride with me out to Palomar or Campo or the Laguna mountains. (She convinced me to get a sports bike)

I tried everything. EVERYTHING. She just wanted to be friends. And we were. Best friends eventually.

Then one day, coming back from the sand castle compitition in IB, the back shock siezed up on my FZR600 as we were coming around the corner. Both wearing shorts and light shirts. After we got back from the hospital, wrapped head to toe, she stayed at my house to recover, and we've been together ever since.

We're still best friends. I eventually taught her how to ride, and gave her my GSXR750.

Now she's mad at me cuz I want her to sell her bike, being parents now and all.

'Rekd teh Running around Disneyland in bandages claiming Mickey Mouse beat us up and took our "E" tickets. (yes, we really did that)

[ 05-20-2003, 09:13 AM: Message edited by: Rekd ]