Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

DWG not importing Correctly

uncle_dolan

Hi All,

Trying to Open DWG files in MasterCAM X5.

What happens is the file opens, displays the levels and #of entities on each level, but the screen appears blank, even when all of the levels are set to visible. If I drag a window around the screen or try selecting all entities, it doesn't select anything! Has anyone run into this problem before or have an idea as to what may be causing this? I'm probably doing something wrong!

Thanks in advance!

Brendan

If unchecking the "blank paper space" entities fixed it, that means that there's nothing in "model space" in the DWG file. Since the "paper space" entities, which include things like multiple sheets, multiple viewports, etc, can easily have conflicting layer and visibility information (since in ACAD you typically only see one of them at a time - while mastercam would just show them all) we let don't make everything visible by default.

Thanks for all the replies. The zoom and colour is definitely not the issue as I have tried both of these things. As far as nothing in model space goes, I agree that is the problem. I would've thought that the standard procedure is to create the part in model space and then use viewports to get it to paper space as such?

As far as the Un-blank entities is concerned...where can i find this option? I would be interested to give it a go and see if it works! Thanks again for all the replies!

Brendan

As far as the Un-blank entities is concerned...where can i find this option? I would be interested to give it a go and see if it works! Thanks again for all the replies!

Found it, and it DOES work! Thanks very much for the help. It's good to know that there is a couple of ways to skin this cat!

Brendan

• 5 months later...

Hi All,

Trying to Open DWG files in MasterCAM X5.

What happens is the file opens, displays the levels and #of entities on each level, but the screen appears blank, even when all of the levels are set to visible. If I drag a window around the screen or try selecting all entities, it doesn't select anything! Has anyone run into this problem before or have an idea as to what may be causing this? I'm probably doing something wrong!

Thanks in advance!

Brendan

dwg recovery owns quite different probabilities allowing not to change source data of .dwg files during restoring. It owns clear and easy to use interface which is suitable for almost every users.