Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Stock Setup

k turk

Having some stock setup problems. Moved to X5 MU1 a few weeks ago. My operational defaults for stock setup are set to rectangular;

but new files open with an stl from two weeks ago. In switching from 'File' to 'Rectangular' and then selecting all entities, i will get a

correctly sized rectangle but only on the Cplane - it does not take into account any height. Also, if i select bounding box and

individually select the entities; same result. It ignores any Z height. The only way i can get a appropriate stock is if i select

the origin and type in the correct dimensions.

thanks

You likely inadvertently changed something in your config while you had those settings in place.

Go into your config and reset your settings in there.

I would suggest doing a file new, the opening the config so you don't change any other setting by accident.

John

Sounds like you are talking about somewhere here: Settings / Configuration / System Configuration. I don't see a pointer in there for Stock setup values.

I've been trying to set values in the Operations Manager / Properties / Stock setup / Operational Defaults / ! / Edit Operational Defaults. In this window i have stock set to rectangular.

Obviously, I'm missing something. Could you please clarify? Thanks