Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

creating 2d geometry out of 3d solids

TennisGuy

Anyone have any idea how to convert 3d solid into 2d dimensions? I tried create 2d options but the resolve is all broken and incorrect dimensions.I love to learn how to convert a solid part into different 2d dimensions and view. Any advice would be welcoming. Thanks.

"Just to find out the solid dimensions is different from blueprint"

I've been seeing quite a bit of solid modeling where the model does not match the print. The engineer models the part, makes a print from the model then dimensions it different. 40mm dia -.01 to -.02 tolerance. Or they do the opposite, take a print, make a model using the 40mm dia and not model it at 39.985. nominal. This gets costly very quickly.

• 6 years later...