Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

TOOL WRONG VERIFY

HEAVY METAL

I have decribed a reamer as having 3 in flute length and oah as 5 inches,but when I verify the flute length is much shorter and holder gouges part .No matter what changes I make mc does not seem to pick up in verify. mc 9 sp1

Anyone having this problem?

thank you Heavy

and everyone have a happy Memorial day cheers.gif

heavy,

i had the exact thing happen this morning with a spot drill, played around with it for 1/2 hour still could not get it to show proper tool and holder in backplot or verify. i'll be waiting with you on this one.

trevor

I got around this by creating a new tool and inputting the proper dim's.It seems once you desribe your tool any changes you make does not update to verify.you have

to create a brand new tool and get it right the first time!Must be a bug .Anyone having this problem in 9.1?

thanks heavy

From 9.1 Help...

You can set the shape of the tool profile by selecting either Auto or As defined in the Profile section of the Verify Configuration dialog box.

If you select the Auto option, Mastercam Verify will use the tool parameters to display the tool profile.

If you select the As defined option, Mastercam Verify will use the selected MC9 file as the tool's profile. This MC9 file is selected when you set up the tool. The system only scales the MC9 file by the diameter you enter for the tool. If you are using an Undefined tool type, the MC9 file is not scaled. For more information, see About custom tool profiles.

Hello Cammando

Hey that rhymes maybe my calling is a rapper biggrin.gif

I nderstand about the auto and custom define,If you use auto and the tool parameters you input and

those parameters are what you want the tool will verify right. if you want to change lets say the overall length of the tool after you have ran verify once mc wont pick up the new tool parameters.you have to create a new tool.

have a happy holiday cheers.gif

heavy