Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Inverted NC output

B Weever

When posting a letter engraving tool path with axis substitution the NC output is upside down. If the tool path is posted without axis substitution (letters flat) the NC output is proper. I have tried various settings with cw & ccw rotation etc but no change to the NC output, I think it is a setting within the post but do not know which one. Does anyone have any suggestions? (I am using X3 and {Mach3 for control})

Can you try it in a different post? Just to test it.

I have seen older posts that were messed up and did it backwards,

The quick fix was to flip the geometry, the correct fix is likely a newer post or a corrected post depending on the age of it.

Changing the wrapping direction in the axis sub dialog box did not make the letters upright.

I have tried another post (generic post from the Artsoft Mach3 site) and the letters do come off the machine properly with this post but then there are other issues with tool offsets etc. with this generic post, this is how I have narrowed it down to a setting within the post. I have been flipping the geometry to make this machine work (turns a small job into a time consuming job)