Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Back WCS Bug

I have a very simple part on the 4th Axis that has slots on the top front bottom and back.

If I Pocket the top slot and rotate it around it post fine. but if I do the same tool path on the Top front Bottom and Back keeping the wcs the same ans change the T and C plane for each on I get this error

RUN TIME - Only single-axis rotation is allowed! Angles may be incorrect.

but on when I use the Back T and C plan if I create a new plan in the same spot as the Back and name it Alt Back it will post with no Error.

Please Help.

Thank you,

The problems comes from the fact that the back and bottom tool plane have the X+ direction to the left as the TOP and front have the X+ direction to the right.

To make sure you always have good coordinates and no error message you need to proceed like you did. Create yourself 2 new sets of plane by rotating the TOP plane by 90 and 180 to match the back and bottom plane and rogram off these.

On a vertical Machine you shoud almost never have to use the bottom and back plane because when using the rotay axis you need to have the toolpane vectorof the rotary axis (in this case X) always oriented in the same direction to avoid errors.

HTH

The problems comes from the fact that the back and bottom tool plane have the X+ direction to the left as the TOP and front have the X+ direction to the right.

To make sure you always have good coordinates and no error message you need to proceed like you did. Create yourself 2 new sets of plane by rotating the TOP plane by 90 and 180 to match the back and bottom plane and rogram off these.

On a vertical Machine you shoud almost never have to use the bottom and back plane because when using the rotay axis you need to have the toolpane vectorof the rotary axis (in this case X) always oriented in the same direction to avoid errors.

HTH

Well actually the Bottom plane slot actually posts out right, eventhough the X direction changes also; the problem shows up when you switch from Bottom to Back. Ill duplicate the file and upload on the FTP for everyone to see. I fired up the post debugger and from the looks of it somehow the cdelta value while transitioning from the Bottom to Back is 180 and since csav is also 180 the resulsting rotation is zero hence the lack of the A-270 block. I think it might be in the NCI, any suggestions ?

I struggled with this too recently. I drew the part on X4 and I programmed the rotery operation on V9. I forgot how to save the tool path angle. So I stopped by master am interuppted his class ans asked him dumb questions. :rolleyes:

Please don't create multiple topics on the same issue.

I believe this question has been answered the same way twice now.

:D don't take it personal.... JParis is pissed that his buddy obama is running out of bright ideas on how to stimulate the economy and insure us. :D Shhhh. He must still believe its Bushes fault. :D

I struggled with this too recently. I drew the part on X4 and I programmed the rotery operation on V9. I forgot how to save the tool path angle. So I stopped by master am interuppted his class ans asked him dumb questions. :rolleyes:

:D don't take it personal.... JParis is pissed that his buddy obama is running out of bright ideas on how to stimulate the economy and insure us. :D Shhhh. He must still believe its Bushes fault. :D

You quoted JParis but that doesnt answer the question as to why the bottom plane posts right but not the Back plane. Thx !

again the question has already been answered

don't use back and bottom, create from rotated planes

You want to keep fighting go ahead, but that's the answer

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

again the question has already been answered DOZENS OF TIMES

Fissed for accuracy!

"The giant" made it clear the you have to view you as to the machine as "normal". If you were back X+ would be inverted "mav"! Also 5 axis stuff is cool too because you have a lot of tool control with normals (and such). :D J Paris is cool. Shhh. I think he religiously contrubitues to the obama camagne! :D

I guess everyone here doesn't seem to want to answer why is it that MCam handles the Bottom plane fine. But when it comes to the Back is when it acts weird, I uploaded a file above that shows this. I am aware that when you switch to the Bottom and Back views the X+ is switched but why on the Botoom plane it switches yet still it posts just fine; IT IS ONLY ON THE BACK PLANE. Please read the question right before replying, Thx !

again the question has already been answered

Please read the question right before replying,

Please read all the responses before asking the same question yet again.