Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

WCS Question

I have a job I am working on where I want to hold my part in a vise. I want to use WCS to rotate my part geo. only and leave my vise geo. in the WCS that it is in now! Is there a way to do this? I thought about having 3, 4, 5, or 6 vises drawn but I was hoping I could just leave my vise in one spot and just rotate my part.

Physically rotating the geometry (your part) defeats the whole purpose of WCS. I would recommend making multiple copies of your vise/fixture, then putting these copies on different levels. That way you can turn those level on/off to show the fixture in different orientations.

Also, if you're going to use machine simulation, you need to translate the vise (and/or fixture) to the position of the part, so you would need a separate vise for each op that uses a vise.