Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

HAAS C axis help

MES

I am trying use G77 in HAAS ST-20SS with live tooling, when we try the sample page 203 the cnc gave the alarm "ALARM exceeded max feed per rev. For G77, reduce diameter of part or change geometry."

Sample

%

O00015

N100 T606

N110 G97 S3 M03

N120 M133 P2000

N130 G00 X4. Z0.05

N140 Z-1.849

N150 G77 J0.625 I0 R0.250 K2.

N160 G77 J0.625 I180. R0.25 K2.

N170 G0 Z1.

N180 M135

N190 M5

N200 G0 X10. Z12.

N210 M30

%

thanks

Okay can I aks a dumb question here. Where do you call the feed rate in that code. I am use to seeing a F.002 or F20. and then a G95/G94 for Inch per rev or Inch per foot feed rate and all I see is a G97 which is constant RPM for a start up. Maybe the M133 P2000 is calling the feedrate, but do not have that list of G and M code to know. Check if you are even calling feedrate if you are not try using one and setting it low ans then work your way up till you reach the limits of the machine. I would also call the guys at HAAS and see what they say.

HTH

there a few things that are missing or confusing in this program, first of all G97 S3 - it is 3 rpm???

second- you should have G21 or G20, inch or metric values in start of program (just in case)

third- is it G90 or G91, absolute or increnental move

fourth- there is no value for feed rate at all

fiveth-it shold be great to have sone linear move in feed rate before starting any of circular or simillar motin. or aproaching stock part (it is not necesary but it can be very usfull for not stroke or if you run first part in single block mode)e.g. N140 G01 Z-1.849 F100. or F0.01)

Thanks for the answers.

Crazy....

In our machine lathe ST-20SS,follow the manual G94 is End Facing Cycle and G95 is Live tooling rigid tap (we used G95 before), we call HAAS and and they said add G97 in line N110, I did but the same error and they recommended use MC C Axis toolpath, but the surface is to rough.

Darko...

1- G97 S3 should be.

2- G21 or G20 the same error.

3- G90 the same error, and G91 "ERROR Invalid G code"

4,5 - we insert a line with linear move and F and the same error.

when you try run Single Block, the error appear in the first block.

Thanks for the answers.

Crazy....

In our machine lathe ST-20SS,follow the manual G94 is End Facing Cycle and G95 is Live tooling rigid tap (we used G95 before), we call HAAS and and they said add G97 in line N110, I did but the same error and they recommended use MC C Axis toolpath, but the surface is to rough.

Darko...

1- G97 S3 should be.

2- G21 or G20 the same error.

3- G90 the same error, and G91 "ERROR Invalid G code"

4,5 - we insert a line with linear move and F and the same error.

when you try run Single Block, the error appear in the first block.

G97 S3 ,why? it is 3rpm, is it for main spindle? it shold stoped not turnning, is it rpm for live tool?

just want to help.

with C axis you could try with multi passes or depth cuts, but

yor position is in X4. I am not sure it is OK. seem to me that you need one more X position, start position,

could you attach file or something