Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Backplot speed

Dontlietomeman

I've noticed that if I have no arc moves and a TON of tiny segment linear moves, that my backplot will go slow,but then again, I don't have the most powerful computer here at work.

I still have a Pentium D 2.8ghz, but for most of the stuff I do it works fine.

Sometimes it helps to click on the "restrict drawing" button while backplotting a monster toolpath. As the screen fills up with your tool moves, it drags down the screen performance. If you click the button, it erases all toolpath moves up to the current position from the screen. That will help speed up the remaining moves. You can do it as often as you need to as you're backplotting to clean up the screen and help speed up the motion.

I have adjusted the slide bar but no matter where it placed backplot runs the same slow speed.

Are you saying you can't adjust the speed at all? Or it just seems slow to you?

How many toolpaths are you backplotting, What kind of toolpaths are they? How big are they?

I get slow speeds with back plot as well when doing just a single tool path. A simple, single 2d contour, and it crawls. Back plot several operations and it gets faster. Back plot a huge surfacing tool path and it's very fast as well. It' seems strange because I can verify that same single tool path and it runs so fast you can't see it unless you slow it down.

I think the speed slider bar is relative to the size of the toolpath being backplotted. Leaving the slider bar in the same spot will create a slower speed on a smaller toolpath (when you just hit the play button) and a faster speed on a larger toolpath or toolpaths. Why, i don't know, but that's what it seems like.

• 1 month later...

So, being very frustrated today(cuz that's the kinda day I'm having.....my turn...) I decided to find a nother way to speed up the backplot on simple contours etc.

Go to your backplot options page and set your endpoints down to 2. On the vcr buttons , left click forward step button(not play) and hold it down. You can adjust that number to suit your needs. I know it's labor intensive to hold the button down :lol: but it will give you a faster controllable backplot. Not ideal, but it's something....