Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Dell Latitude Notebook - Video Problems

McRae

I am having some difficulty getting v9.1 to work on my notebook. Had the software on a desktop and worked fine.

This is what I have done thus far...

1) Downloaded latest ATI Video Drivers (ATI Mobility M4)

2) Reduced the acceleration

2b)Reduced the number of colours

3) Searched the forum - Looked for the .dll drivers for opengl and the other gl related link lib.

4) Operaring system is Win2k pro SP3

5) Running the notebook both on and off a docking station to no noticable effect.

6) disabled opengl in screen configure

I have the curious effect that when in windows (ie file open, screen configure etc...) the mouse works as it should but when we are in legacy dos, (ie Mastercam's Operating Window) the crosshairs disapear and when cursor is over the selection menu on the left side bar or main button bar, the cursor will freeze and will not allow it to move anywhere.

I must add that Pro/E and all my other software works well and I would have thought that a lighter app like M/C would "Just Work..."

I've got an ATI card in my laptop and I had problems similar to yours.

I deleted opengl32.dll and and glu32.dll

from my MC9 folder and V9 runs fine.

I haven't installed V9.1 on my laptop,

but I did notice that there is no

opengl32.dll in my v91 folder on my destop.

Did they drop that dll in v9.1??

I concurr that there is no files to delete as you have noted. CNC software - please comment!

Turned Hardware Acelleration all the way to None and the problem went away. Thanks to Tim at InHouse for getting the answer so quickly!

[ 06-10-2003, 03:55 PM: Message edited by: Andrew McRae ]