Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Cimco Communications

MIKE_B

Hi all!

I have a new PC here and I am now having trouble sending programs out from the CIMCO editor.

I can not remember the settings I had with the old PC. I know the baud rates are correct it is everything else I am not sure of.

See attachments for my current settings.

Thanks for any help

Mike

post-5734-0-64781700-1317047341_thumb.png

post-5734-0-37109600-1317047449_thumb.png

I get the transfer complete from CIMCO....it just does not get into the control.

No alarms...just keeps blinking IN

MIKE B,

Cimco transmits the file whether or not you're receiving at the machine control. That same message would show up even if you had no cables connected to the sending pc. Check to make sure you're using the correct output port on the sending pc with the DNC settings of Cimco. Besides that, compare all other settings as suggested in above replies.

HTH Cheers :)

Thanks all for the reply's.....no luck yet....

I put a % sign at the beginning of my program and added it to the trigger. Still no luck.

My post does not put a % sign at the beginning of my programs so I'm not sure that is my problem.

And before I swithed to this new PC i did not have any problems...

Ok got it working!

IT guy plugged in wrong port!

Thanks again for all the reply's

Stayed with default settings:

stop bit 2

data bits 7

parity: even

baud rate 4800

nothing in the triggers

Good to hear you got it working. DNC is generally simple and doesn't take rocket science to figure out. If it doesn't work but all the settings match between the pc and control than it's almost always the physical connection isn't right. Glad we could help Mike. :D Damn I miss the old "smileys".