Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

finish in 2D high speed

sml2011

Hi

In 2d high speed machining we only have finish parameter in Peel mill and Dynamic Contour strategy.

Can you please tell me why the other strategies (core mill, blend mill, area mill, Dynamic area mill, dynamic core mill) doesn't have finish and entry/exit tab?

We can't have finishing the part with these strategies?

I bought milling level 1 training tutorial book and i read 70 percent of this book, but i don't understand the philosophy of 2d high speed machining strategy and it's difference with old strategy?

Can you please help me and tell me where and when we can use 2d high speed machining strategy that the old 2d strategy can't?

Thank you

I use them as roughing toolpaths. If you look at the way they cut, part of what they are designed for is to maximize stock removal and tool life. When I look at these toopaths, in most cases, it's not the optimium path for finishing. Also I generally use a different type cutter for finishing after roughing. I may use a bullnose to rough and a sharp corner high helix for finishing. It's all application dependent......

Some toolpaths for hardmilling I will use to finish, like Mark said. It's all about getting to know the paths and what works best for your situation. There's general rules about what each path is designed for , and then there's stepping outside the box to see what else they can be used for to benefit you.

For anyone to tell you what it can do differently for you, without knowing what exactly your doing is pretty tough.........tooling,machine,stock,control,geometry,spindle, h.p., etc.

• Like 1

I use them as roughing toolpaths. If you look at the way they cut, part of what they are designed for is to maximize stock removal and tool life. When I look at these toopaths, in most cases, it's not the optimium path for finishing. Also I generally use a different type cutter for finishing after roughing. I may use a bullnose to rough and a sharp corner high helix for finishing. It's all application dependent......

Some toolpaths for hardmilling I will use to finish, like Mark said. It's all about getting to know the paths and what works best for your situation. There's general rules about what each path is designed for , and then there's stepping outside the box to see what else they can be used for to benefit you.

For anyone to tell you what it can do differently for you, without knowing what exactly your doing is pretty tough.........tooling,machine,stock,control,geometry,spindle, h.p., etc.

^This

Hi guys. I've used this forum for awhile at another company, but had to change my user name. Glad to be back! There's alot of good stuff here.

I use these toolpaths like sled, and they work very well for roughing. Does anyone know why the code is written with so many small line moves even though the tool might be moving in a straight line?

Thanks, Jeff

Hi guys. I've used this forum for awhile at another company, but had to change my user name. Glad to be back! There's alot of good stuff here.I use these toolpaths like sled, and they work very well for roughing. Does anyone know why the code is written with so many small line moves even though the tool might be moving in a straight line? Thanks, Jeff

To cut down on all the small line moves, try using the arc filter\tolerance settings. Specifically set the filter ratio to 2:1 or 3:1 to help cut down on the the posted nc file size. Also turn on arcs (Create arcs in XY...)

I bought milling level 1 training tutorial book and i read 70 percent of this book, but i don't understand the philosophy of 2d high speed machining strategy and it's difference with old strategy

Here at StreamingTeacher we have a huge module of videos specializing in the 2d high speed toolpaths. Including difference between old and new theory, roughing/finishing strategy, chaining, filtering, stepover, rounding radius, various retract situations, restmilling, and just about every parameter and bell and whistle in each toolpath.

I also manage and maintain the highspeed toolpath database, in my sig below.