Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

converting vmc to lathe

mig

hi ,

trying to use mastercam mill module for turning (part in spindle - cutter in vise ).

From post must be output in z x plane .

How to create (what should i change) computer and machine definition files to be able to do this ?

Thank you in advance for tips and advise ,

Ive done it in Cimatron

Program your movements for mill diameter 0 simplw contour then in text editor change names of axis

y became x x became z

thank you Bear ,

Looks like not bad idea but still must be some way to rotate "machine axis" by way you want .

I did a search myself and there is 2 posts that both have a dead linnk that points to a eapprentice webpage that has been shut down. I dont know the best way to add a aggregate (mine was set up by my reseller) but I looked through my MMD and it looks like you have to add the aggregate just below your spindle. Whether you have to do anything to your post I am unsure but other posts talk a lot about using the 4 axis router post. I am not at work till monday but if you email me the contour and some specs on raw stock I will try to write something for you. My post is for a fanuc.

Mig .

If you have lots of parts your efforts may be logical but for one or two parts I would do it my way or

even write it by hand and forgot about it

Not worth an effort I mean looks kinda overkill what John gave you .

I do not want to offend anybody but being a lazy person I try be fast and simple .

If i need it to write small proggie by hand I will

Best regards

Not worth an effort I mean looks kinda overkill what John gave you .

I do not want to offend anybody but being a lazy person I try be fast and simple .

No worries brother bear, I didn't write it, only hosted it on my FTP

:oldforumcheers:

Dear bear,

Thank you for replay .

Will try to explane.

1. of course i can punch code by hand for this simple profile . Before I started use Cad/cam about 10 years i programmed just by hand. And parts i programmed those times was not so simple btw.

2. My real profile is not so simple : include hundreds movements.

3. I am trying to figure out everything to the end . It help me not to ask more questions in future in similar situation.

4. I did change lots of thing before i asked :I exchanged posts also . Not every post give this warnings. But output also different . Instead of X Z movements i have X Y even if i do not change any parameters or planes

5 In log file it saying about formula calculation problem etc

6 I am sorry if I annoying you .

Grate regards