Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Speeds and Feeds in general - looking for calulator

Hey Everyone,

New member here,

Was looking to see if anyone had any suggestions regarding a Speeds and feeds calculator. Something that uses more then just the common equation everyone uses. Something that takes into account a lot of different methods; ie HSM, ramping, interpolation, different materials, Chipthinning etc. I've been trying out the GWizzard which seems to be working okay. I'm still in trial phase with it but Id like to know if anyone knows any other calculator like this one. I guess if there's nothing else out there the GWizzard is pretty darn good.

Thanks everyone

AND HAPPY TURKEY DAY!!!

• Like 1
  • 3 months later...

I created my own calculator in openoffice. It has two columns Var 1 (if you know cutting speed and feed per tooth) and Var 2 (just info - known spindle speed and feedrate - calculate feed per tooth etc).

So mostly i use VAR 1 colums. Every green box contains value needed for calculation, in red box is calculated value and yellow is just for info.

Also contains colums for traslation angular values from decimal to degree:minute:second type.

I translated it into english, sorry about wrong terminology.

Feel free to use it and if you have any idea about something to add-in let me know. (in original i have also table for calculation cost of graphite stock for electrodes)

if you want to conver from metric to inch, you have to edit equations

vypocty-eng.zip