Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Dynamic milling questions

MACHINING JIM

Just ran the first pocket and all I have to say is WOW!!!!! Much Much better than traditional pocketing. I was able to bump up my feed by over %100 and I could have went %200 I would think but I am being held back by my limited RPM. I am running 120ipm at 4000 rpm the finish is a little choppy because of the mismatch in feeds and speeds but I will clean that up with a quick finish pass.

Now the only thing left to do is show the owner how effective these dynamic paths are and push for a new machine to use them to there full potential! lol Not holding my breath on that though lol

Get rid of that junk Haas and get an entry level Makino. You won't believe the difference.

As Most of you know you get what you pay for, Makino's new PS95 Entry Level Makino is a Great Machine

We have one on the shop floor. But the song is only as good as the Singer ..

Ahh if that Haas is all ya got, well that's what ya gotta work with (for now at least). Heck you may be able to run at 400%. The only way you know how fast you can go is when the control starts to choke, or tools break. If your Haas has the high speed machining the control should be able to handle any of the 2d hst no problem. If you don't have it, it is an option. I believe you can get a "trial" period of it too.

finish is a little choppy

Yes dynamic core and dynamic area are roughing toolpaths. Make sure you leave .010 or so for a basic contour cleanup operation. HOWEVER, both peel mill and dynamic contour has separate controls for finish passes (reduced feedr ates, cutter comp, lead in/out).

hth

About $150,000 ? :)

Not even close. The new PS95 Makino goes for around $130K in Canadian dollars. It is a fully equipped machine with thru-spindle coolant, and there are no options. It is a dynamite machine, however, my personal favorite is the S56 which has been replaced with the redesigned F5.

Carmen

• Like 1

Ahh if that Haas is all ya got, well that's what ya gotta work with (for now at least). Heck you may be able to run at 400%. The only way you know how fast you can go is when the control starts to choke, or tools break. If your Haas has the high speed machining the control should be able to handle any of the 2d hst no problem. If you don't have it, it is an option. I believe you can get a "trial" period of it too.

Yes dynamic core and dynamic area are roughing toolpaths. Make sure you leave .010 or so for a basic contour cleanup operation. HOWEVER, both peel mill and dynamic contour has separate controls for finish passes (reduced feedr ates, cutter comp, lead in/out).

hth

I found the finish was choppy mainly because I was feeding at 150imp with only 4000rpm. .0125 chip per tooth tends to leave a funny finish. lol I did leave .01 for finishing but I was still pleasantly suprised with how well the roughing pass worked geometry wise that is. Sometimes with the traditional pocketing after roughing there are places where the is material left simply because the tool didnt get into these areas effectivly.

Not even close. The new PS95 Makino goes for around $130K in Canadian dollars. It is a fully equipped machine with thru-spindle coolant, and there are no options. It is a dynamite machine, however, my personal favorite is the S56 which has been replaced with the redesigned F5.

Carmen

We only paid 60k for our haas with a 4th axis. Its like the old saying goes... "you get what you pay for". That said I really like the little haas I have. It does everything we want and more. Good bang for the buck!

• Like 1