Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Jumpy WCS

Bill Henderson

I typically will have 6 different WCS saved for various setups. I started using a new machine group for each change. Since doing this I seem to have my WCS start flipping for no apparent reason to one or the other saved views. I thought maybe it was because I picked a toolpath to backplot while I was in a different view from where it was generated, but it doesn't seem to repeat.

My reason for multiple machine groups is to keep my tool library somewhat cleaned up. We do not use a standard library.

Anyone else run into this?

The red arrow will activate the WCS of the Machine group that it is in. SO if you're working in one group and the red arrow is in another group, you'll see some "funky" things things.

Don't know if it's related to that?

I have also seen it jump to the wcs for a group I just moved from, i.e., if I'm looking through toolpath groups and the arrow moves into that group when I move to another group the wcs changes to the one I just moved from. This seems to be stabilized quite a bit from earlier versions of X but I still see it occasionally.

• 10 months later...