Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

File/Save/Exit

Jammer™

Yes for a few versions now...

What I do notice is different in 9.1 is that with MC freshly started, no entities on screen or file opened yet, if you import an iges it asks you the usual "Do you want to delete current objects" question, except there's nothing to delete.....It did this in other versions, but not when you imported an iges from a fresh startup...nothing too serious, just a minor annoyance(?).

[ 07-01-2003, 01:06 PM: Message edited by: Zero ]

I think that this happened in response to someone saying they changed something and it did not ask them to save. And Greg "Motorcycle Man(iac)" Mckay came up with:

Ask Twice, Save a File -- Changes are every where.

Sorry Greg, couldn't resist, take it up with me at the high speed seminar.

But I do remember it was an issue that it did not always ask if you wanted to save changes depending on what they were. Having lost at least one file to to that I kind of like it, but some files take longer to save than others.

Jimmy

I've struck these issues as well, and for a few versions now.

Maybe its got something to do with assiciativity. I used to run Unigraphics, and it used to exactly the same thing. Save a file, then exit, and it would ask you if you wanted to save the changes....weird

I think the autosave is a great feature. I got burned once before I started using that. eek.gif But the file/save>exit/save would be good if it only asked you to save again if you actually did something before the exit of MC. Can't have everything though huh?

Hey Jimmy, How's life in the mountains? See ya on the 23rd. Have a good 4th!!!

I believe this is tied to the Job Setup setting which controls whether feed rate comes from 'material' or 'tool'. If set to 'material', we load that material (which is actually stored in Mastercam entity format) into the the current part when you start Mastercam or retrieve an existing part. Loading this material entity causes the current database to think that a new entity has been added, which is indeed what has happened, but it's really not the same as, say, creating a geometric entity. We intended to correct this for SP1 by recognizing it as a special case, but (obviously) failed to.

I believe this first came up in V9.0 or V9.1 - little foggy in the memory dept. this morning) when we changed the default setting for this parameter in the Job Setup section of DEFAULTS.DF9.

To modify this value, go to the Main Menu and then click on "NCUtils", then "DefOps", then "Defaults", select your defaults file (usually Defaults.df9) and then click on the "Job Setup" button.

PDG