Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Surface High Speed Rest Rough Help!!

slyym

Can you guys help me get a better result with this toolpath? I've attatched the file cause I dont know how to upload to the ftp. I'm having a problem with the add cuts option and cant really get the result I'm looking for. Maybe I'm going about this all wrong. Can someone play around with it and see if you could get a better result. Trying to rough out the section in green. Thanks

I made the STL stock from the model on level 301

HELP606.MCX-5

Can you guys help me get a better result with this toolpath? I've attatched the file cause I dont know how to upload to the ftp. I'm having a problem with the add cuts option and cant really get the result I'm looking for. Maybe I'm going about this all wrong. Can someone play around with it and see if you could get a better result. Trying to rough out the section in green. Thanks

I made the STL stock from the model on level 301

What is the problem? The fact that the second RestMill does not clean the floor ? PLease describe.

I took a peek at your file, but I don't quite understand what it is you are trying to accomplish. It would appear you want to rough out the pocket using the solid model as your stock. If this is the case, I don't understand why you would want to utilize the "add cuts" feature.

I re-programmed it as per what I think you are looking for. Shoot me an email to [email protected] and I will email you the file.

Carmen

i think that is what you are looking to do. use the last three units.

Not really. What I'm wanting is to rough it out with at least a 1 inch depth of cut and then just go back and take 1 or 2 passes to clean up the steps that are left on the angle and radius. I dont want it to rough a whole level at say .25 which is what the add cuts seems to want to do. And also trying to get a few more ideas on how to tackle this part.

Your reasoning is sound, but it is possible to do what you are asking. Opti-rest should work, however, I don't think it is necessary. Opti-rough should work just fine as you are basically starting at the major diameter of the shaft and then work inwards. I just remembered you are using X5 so Opti-rest is not an option as that is a new feature in X6. You do still have Opti-rough in X5. If I get a few minutes, I'll regenerate what I think you are looking for and re-email you.