Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

91sp1 lathe , mill problems

Andy

I just now (finally) upgraded 8.1 to 9.1

Mill and Lathe.

Also downloaded and ran patch files today.

Problems:

1: In lathe ops mgr. I delete an op and the ops manager box goes nuts, (can only see parts of it.)

Back out, and choose ops manager, it comes back perfect with 1 op deleted as desired.

2: In lathe verify: all seems to work until I choose display holder, or turn true solids off and try to run that and MC locks up and have to Ctl Alt Del to end task to desktop. Every time.

Also, if in verify, I try to change the lengnth of stock, by changing the x or z max, it has no effect on the graphics.

3. In Mill none of the above happens, with the exception of Verify turn off true solids. I then get an open GL error, and crashes to the desktop.

I turned the open GL off, to no avail.

Anyone have these problems?

After 14 hours of install and trouble shooting, Back to 8.1 for now.

Actually, I had the problems before the sp1 and did the sp1 to see if it would help. It did not.

Another clue: In Lathe verify, the colors do not match the tool, stock or cut. Nor can I change them. Also, Translucent selection crashes MC!

[ 07-06-2003, 11:25 PM: Message edited by: Andy ]

Andy,

I am not sure this will help.

I would run cncreg and reset everything on the first screen.

I have seen the problem described in opsman.

When Mastercam is installed graphics card settings are used to control placement and control of some dialog box functions

If grahics card settings are changed when Mastercam is running it can have a negative effect on performance.

Close Mastercam before changing gcard setting.

[ 07-07-2003, 01:34 PM: Message edited by: Greg McKay ]

In the end, after trying different drivers, and windows not allowing it, I put the original Vcard CD in and tried to install that driver and machine crashed. Wouldn't boot, emergency floppy no boot, computer was taken to shop. They did a temp fix, tonite I back up important recent stuff, then back to shop, Format C: D:, Windows 2K

install, and TI4200 128meg new card install. Then I get the enviable task of installing all my programs, and tuning up all for untold hours, and eventually me be happy I hope.

I will report results as I know them.

Thank you all. smile.gif