Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Okuma MacTurn/Multus or Mazak Integrex j

I'm not sure on the MacTurn's

Macturn 250/350/550 have compound Y axis the same as the LU. Macturn 30/50 and Multus 750 have the Vertical Y axis like the mill.

Multus lathes are now have a Full roatay B axis, High speed milling software (Super-Nurbs) and a new High Accuracy C axis that is loads better than the old one. Yes we have one here. Also the P300 control has been released, but we don't have one of those yet. Okuma call there tilted workplane slant milling. I really can't help you with the Mazak has I have never used one. I did look at the J series but for our needs it was light on options.

I can recommend a Mori NT as my mate around the corner has one.

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Many of these issues with B axis lathes do not exist in the Nakamura Super NTMX. We have a customer making spinal parts... their CMM SPC CHarts look ridiculous. .0002, .0001, .00008, .00005's everywhere, ALL DAY LONG EVERYDAY.

NOT gonna get that on an Integrex, Mori, or Okuma.

Just sayin' :whistle:

Many of these issues with B axis lathes do not exist in the Nakamura Super NTMX. We have a customer making spinal parts... their CMM SPC CHarts look ridiculous. .0002, .0001, .00008, .00005's everywhere, ALL DAY LONG EVERYDAY.

We have customers holding similar tolerances in their Okuma's. Nakamura does make a top quality machine though, but who invited you in here anyways. This is Okuma>Mazak thread. harhar.gif

LOL. I've been in a shop with 12 Integrex MKIVs doing just that. With a Zeiss Prismo on the floor just to make sure. I bought a machine from them.

I also know Tsugami found the Integrex to have the highest accuracy of Mori, Mazak, Okuma, and Nakamura during their testing phase prior to design of their fixed headstock TMU series. That is a fact.

That is a typical sales pitch BS :rolleyes:

Let's see you fit a Ø84" cowl, or a Ø46" ISO grid split case on your Nakamura mill turn. I could do that with room leftover on my Integrex and hold the tolerances I am given without issues. Sure, I'm not worried about anything closer than +/-.0001", but when you get to parts that size all of a sudden .005 true position is not the easiest thing to accomplish. It's not the machine that has a difficult time holding the TP tolerance, but it's the part and how it's fixtured and the process you use to machine the part. And trust me James, we do more then square blocks in here. The "mine is bigger/better" speach is lame.

Now back on topic... If you have a full house of Okuma machines then you should go with what you have if it will do the job you need it to do.