Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Rapid move violates tool clearance boundary

K2csq7

If I hit "quit toolpath" none of the ops are dirty....

From the help button on that error/warning message.

"This dialog box gives you 3 options..."

1. Select new point. (how do I know where to select the point if I don't know which path is bad? ID? OD? above the part? below? trial & error?)

2. ignore the warning and create the toolpath anyway. (might as well say "ignore the warning and have your operator tell you which path it is after the machine crashes".)

3. quit creating the toolpath. Edit your toolpath lead in/out moves as necessary. (I don't use lead in/out... would happily adjust my lines to change how the tool leads in/out... BUT I DON"T KNOW WHICH ONE TO CHANGE)

Not yelling at anyone except the little man in my computer that keeps popping these messages up!

Guess I'll just regen them individually...smoke.gif

:wastingtime:

X5 MU1

Thanks Rick

I found it, but anytime I get this message it's like trying to find a needle in a haystack..(grossly overstated).

99.9% sure there is no "as intended" solution, I was just hoping someone somewhere found a workaround to nail down which op is the bad one at the least.

I don't understand why it won't just show you EXACTLY which rapid move is violating me.thumbsup.gif

(P.S. no fizzin allowed, there are kids here)

• 8 years later...