Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

I miss it? Or Verify miss it?

Bill Henderson

Running X6 Surface High Speed Core Roughing.

Ran the verify with the the roughing and finishing tool paths and I found no issues.

However, the rapid moves in certain areas gouged my part.

The part shape is a Convex shape 8" x 13" with about a 22 inch radius swelling up in the center.

That little piece of Metapor ran about 500 bucks.

is there a setting I missed on verify to show rapid gouges?

here is what I had it set to (tool parameters).

I am asking a question. I am not asking for piling by anyone about the software.

Thanks

post-5528-0-60034100-1329942162_thumb.png

do an experiment

MDI

G0 G91 X10. Y5.

a machine that doglegs will rapid at a 45 degree angle to X5 Y5 then run in a horizontal line to X10

if your machine does this you have to make sure you're in clear blue sky when you rapid or you risk crashing into the stock.

Verify will NOT show these crashes as verify rapid motion is a straight line ..

When you are using the new high speed toolpaths you can force G01 rapid motion and that will eliminate this problem

do an experiment

MDI

G0 G91 X10. Y5.

a machine that doglegs will rapid at a 45 degree angle to X5 Y5 then run in a horizontal line to X10

if your machine does this you have to make sure you're in clear blue sky when you rapid or you risk crashing into the stock.

Verify will NOT show these crashes as verify rapid motion is a straight line ..

When you are using the new high speed toolpaths you can force G01 rapid motion and that will eliminate this problem

Gotcha. It does dogleg.

That would explain it.

Turn on full vertical retract.

I despise the setting you used, the machine can make moves differently than the intent when posted.

remember when in rapid, a machines axis' can arrive at the end point at differing times. This is because of the way controls process rapid motion.

When feeding, all axis' must arrive at the same moment.

Turn on full vertical retract.

I despise the setting you used, the machine can make moves differently than the intent when posted.

I have used full vertical retract method for ever.

MC has such a poor zig zag and keep tool down(even with optimize 'on') that I started using min distance and

now save up 20% time on long tool paths.

Its the waterline rest that will have thousand of retracts even if you pick zig zag and keep tool down

with a 1", setting.

i change those paths to min distance and not only do you save wear and tear on a machine

you also get serious time savings

If the zig zag would Actually work properly with 'keep tool down and optimize order', then and only then

would full vertical retract would be the path of choice.

We have 8 HAAS and everyone is a different year. I never know before hand what machine it will end up on.If it is an older one I kept having to change the feedrate output to a gut wrenchingly low number 150. I started using the full vertical retract... a lot of time the parts are so small you can hardly see any time difference seeing I use a very short entry exit loop.

This particular was large by our standards and I just had a brain fart not realizing (remembering) the dogleg. Completely my fault.