Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Active Reports Designer

AJohnson

Hey:

I tried using Active reports designer. Unless you are good with visual basic it very hard. I gave up. I needed just a tool list and nothing fancy. I use the .set setup sheet in master cam. I don't know if your familiar with this or not.

For mill it is is Mill2.set. For lathe its Lathe2.set. You can set these in the setting-configuration menu in mastercam. In the toolpaths you set "setup sheet program" to .set and go to file locations and for mill and lathe setup sheets browse to mill2.set or lathe2.set.

Its nothing fancy just a tool list with no pictures and it gives approx times which sort of accurate. It will print operation comments not tool comments. For mill it gives maximum depth so the set up guy knows to leave at least that amount of tool This is a throw back from the pre x versions of master cam. I never quite got around to figuring out how to make custom setup sheets with active report. Some one must have it but this is fine for us.

It looks like this:

Customizable Mill Setup Sheet - MILL2.SET

=========================================

Program Name = 403D

Program Number = 4034

Date Processed = Mar. 07 2012

Time = 8:50 AM

Material Type = ALUMINUM inch - 2024

Machine Name = DVI HAAS 3X MILL SHOP

Group Name = 403D

Tool List

---------

Num. Dia. Len. CRC Max Depth Description/Comments

--------------------------------------------------------------

1 3.0000 1 1 +0.0400 3" Face Mill

Operation Type = Facing

Operation Time = 1 Minute, 11.34 Seconds

2 .1700 2 2 -0.0400 R.04 - RADIUS MILL

Operation Type = Contour

Operation Time = 51.62 Seconds

==============================================================

Program Totals (2 Tools):

Feedrates: Max = 125. Min = 20.

Max_X = +3.4875 Min_X = -3.4875

Max_Y = +0.6300 Min_Y = -0.6300

Max_Z = +2.0000 Min_Z = +0.0000

Total Feed Cut Length = 44.7803

Total Rapid Traverse Length = 68.2886

Total Rapid Time = 8.19 Seconds

Total Feed Time = 1 Minute, 54.76 Seconds

Cycle Time = 2 Minutes, 14.96 Seconds

AJohnson:

I recieved this tech tip in my email and thought I might share it with you..

If you can't read it, it says to right click in your operations manager and go down ti import/export tools and there is a detailed and simple report available.

I tried it it works....

Doc1.pdf

I did see that. I downloaded it and I quickly tried it. I could not get it work properly. I think its because I use cimco edit for my editor not the mastercam editor, not sure.

I confess I didn't spend too much time on it. We've been using the no frills stuff since around v8 or so.

I did try active editor. Spent about a day an half on it when we were slow and I could not get it right like you and went back to the "old" way.

I did see that. I downloaded it and I quickly tried it. I could not get it work properly. I think its because I use cimco edit for my editor not the mastercam editor, not sure.

I confess I didn't spend too much time on it. We've been using the no frills stuff since around v8 or so.

I did try active editor. Spent about a day an half on it when we were slow and I could not get it right like you and went back to the "old" way.

Correct. The one shown above is html format.

I've never been able to get it right. It comes out jumbled usually, like this, that's why I don't use it.

lazy..so i always went back. I like the snap shots of the part and the tool you get in the tool list...

BTW is there another way to run it other than running a user application..just curious.

HEATSINK DESIGN PROD FEB 2012 ROTATED.htm

HEATSINK DESIGN PROD FEB 2012 ROTATED 2.htm

• 5 years later...