Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

O/T To be ...or not to be....?

David S

As a designer and legitimate MasterCam user, I against any kind of software pirate. As a forum member, I don’t mind helping and being helped by MIGHT be unlawful users in this forum since I am not smart enough to find out one. This point of view has not changed yet. redface.gif

My 200-posts is up. Some of you might be watching if this guy a legitimate? Do I care? No! wink.gif Should I get an avatar? Maybe I should. At least I should show support to the people who is fighting for the right things. cheers.gif

I e-mailed to Dave Thomson (Webby) on July 14, 2003. Gave him my sim # and dealer’s name and address. I asked how to prepare the 96x96 image. Well, I have not heard from him yet. I think I should ask fellow members about that since Dave is busy.

Thank you very much!

Dave's chillin' out maxin' relaxin' all cool.

Using any decent image editor, you can easily create a 96x96 image. GIFs are good if solid colours are used and JPGs are great for images with any kind of dithering. MS Paint is weak and high-end stuff like Fireworks and Photoshop are a bit pricey for the casual user. However, the demo version of Jasc's PaintShop Pro should do the trick and the learning curve is nice.

quote:

I e-mailed to Dave Thomson (Webby) on July 14, 2003. Gave him my sim # and dealer’s name and address. I asked how to prepare the 96x96 image. Well, I have not heard from him yet. I think I should ask fellow members about that since Dave is busy.

David,1 thing you have to remember around this time of the year,many people schedule vacations.

Maybe he is away. rolleyes.gif

I have spoke to Dave via Email a few times,and this dude is a cool guy.

He personally took care of my avatar for me,and I know he will do the same for you.

Just give him a chance.

Ps. If he thought you wern't legit,you would have already known. cheers.gif

quote:

David,1 thing you have to remember around this time of the year,many people schedule vacations.

When I said he was "chillin' out maxin' relaxin' all cool", that meant that he's on vacation. The line is from the theme song for The Fresh Price of Belair.

David S, if you already have an image that you would like resized and uploaded so you can use it as your avatar, email me.

Sorry I did not explain myself clearly. redface.gif I DID NOT complain about anything. I was just wondering how did those fellow members made such beautiful avatars in the small 96x96 squares? Is there any special technique for that 96x96? Some of them can really move (like Rekd’s). Are there some already made avatars available for forum members?

James,

How many hours sleep do you get every day? confused.gif

You have big family, job, children and their games; you read papers, help forum members, do dishes, fix leaky faucet and take wife to shopping.....

You are superman!

Not like your vavatar, you are a good father, good husband, good friend and good teacher. cheers.gif

BTW, I enjoy reading your fighting posts. wink.gif

[ 07-24-2003, 08:49 AM: Message edited by: David S ]

Dave, If you have an image you'd like to use, or a "small" animation, email me and I'll doctor it up for you. (read re-size it)

I will be changing mine soon, as I hear there have been complaints from some members that couldn't find the

quote:

Hide Avatars of Other Users? No

Yes

section of their profile editor... rolleyes.gif

'Rekd