Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Help with Serial Port Config to a Yasnac MX1

Unit_1

Hello All,

I'm looking for a little help setting the Serial Port correctly to talk to a Matsuura with a Yasnac MX1 control.

I've got the basic settings in (4800 baud, 7 bits, Even parity, 2 stop bits) but there are many more parameters under port config(Send, Receive) that I'm not sure of.

As a test, I've been attempting to receive a program from the MX1 and it appears to be talking at some level. During the receive, STATUS says "Listening" then changes to "Reading" and LINES counts up to 720 but BYTES remains at "0". Then I get "Receive Complete" press OK. However, the receive file is never created. I'm guessing because BYTES is 0.

Any help would be appreciated,

Thanks,

Rob

Some USB to serial adaptors do not work for CNC communications.

Actually, I just used this exact USB to serial adapter to talk to the Yasnac MX1... but from a different CNC program. So I know it works. I just can't find the correct config for Mastercam.

Rob

In the Mastercam editor pick either the Yasnac mill or the Fanuc mill config. You may have to change baud rates but they should be close right out of the box. If that doesn't get it try the Cimco editor, you will have to set up a new machine but it's pretty straight forward.

I'll give that a try. And can you point me in the right direction? Under what pull down or option can I find those mill configs?

Thanks,

Rob

• 1 year later...