Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

5 Axis/Advance Mfg Class

F800R

• 2 months later...

hello all. i am in kyle's class and would like to offer a suggestion to all current and future teachers. either a test to get in or a more strict pre-rec than what cpcc has. our class has (in my opinion) about 80% of the students who have no buisiness being in a 5 axis class. i understand that everyone learns at a different pace and in different ways but when you need help to draw a rectangle and change colors you might be in over your head. props to kyle for the patience he has with the class.

I hear ya. It's very frustrating for teachers. I've got a computer literacy test for my entry level class, and a mastercam test for advanced classes.

With class size requirments and community college funding in the dump it can be hard to turn away paying students (especially if a class is on the brink of not running at all from low enrollment)..however justly so another paying student shouldn't be hamstringed by someone in over his head!

I've got a teachers assistant for my entry level classes. Sometimes you can get past students to help out, or others in need of a few bucks. But you are correct an advanced class should not need one.

Ok guys I'm back on the wagon and can contribute to the folder on the ftp. :)

Scott,

We are using our VF3 Haas mills to do 5 axis grinding. some of our wheels are 8" diameter and 6" long. we also mountedr the trunion all the way to the front of the table and had our pst modified to only rotate the part to the back side only. This gives us clearance and never have to worry about hitting something by tilting the wrong direction.

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Guys putting together 5-Axis classes; Don't forget to spend a fair amount of time going over work-holding, work holding concepts/methods, tabs, where, how, etc... That's one side that I see getting neglected ALOT. Also, teach them how to figure out where Center of Rotation is.

JM2CFWIW

Guys putting together 5-Axis classes; Don't forget to spend a fair amount of time going over work-holding, work holding concepts/methods, tabs, where, how, etc... That's one side that I see getting neglected ALOT. Also, teach them how to figure out where Center of Rotation is.

JM2CFWIW

James that will be part of my hands on class for sure.