Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Strange 4 & 5 axis code output

bogusmill

I have a Haas VF-4 with a HRT 310 rotary table set on the table with traditional A rotation about the X axis. I'm using both the mpmaster hass 3-4 axis post or the haas trunion 5 axis post. I'm drilling a simple hole through both walls of a 4" O.D X 2" I.D. tube, 180° apart and 90° off 0. Using the 3-4 axis post I get good code one hole at a time. It will rotate to A-90. or A90. and start pecking. When the two are combined into one program the first is G54 A90. move as expected but the move to the second hole is G55 A-270. instead of just A-90. Why does it want to change to G55 and rotate the part upside down & how do I change that?

So I tried the trunion post and dispite the setting for 4 axis output the post output A90. B180. This is my first use of MCX6 and just the A axis. Both posts have worked fine in X4 & X5 but now in X6 post processor genius has become insanity. Not only is the B180. unnecessary but it shouldn't be there. How do I fix this?

with the mpmaster 4X

set Mics Value 9 to 1

or set the same workoffset for all rotations in the View Manger

with the 5X post

set the same workoffset for all rotations in the View Manger

or

make sure this line in the post is set to "yes$"

use_frst_wcs : yes$ #Use only the first WCS read and ignore all others in NCI

• Like 1

I would use the MpMaster 4x post, like G said set misc #9 to one.

You could even set that as a default by going to the text settings at the end of the post.

[CTRL_MILL|DEFAULT]

[misc integers]

1. ""

2. "Abs/Inc, top level [0=ABS,1=INC]"

3. ""

4. "Safe Index [0=Off,1=On]"

5. ""

6. "Unit/Rev Feed (G95) [0=No,1=Yes]"

7. ""

8. ""

9. "Lock on First WCS [0=No,1=Yes]" //1 < set it like this so it defaults on

10. "M00 before operation [0=No,1=Yes]"

Why output B rotation if you don't need to?

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1
Why output B rotation if you don't need to?

It's always a good idea to issue the axes you have in the machine (X, Y, A) in the initial position incase somebody jogged the machine in handle mode.

HTH

:edit: for clarification. ;)

"with the mpmaster 4X

set Mics Value 9 to 1"

I set this to 1 in the machine def of mpmaster to 1 and it no longer adds the G55 but it still does the A-270. it won't hurt on this job but it could on others.

"What toolpath are you using to drill the holes? 2d drilling or multiax drilling? "

Neither, I'm looking at bad code for both but with the misc. value 9 change the mpmaster is now useable.

"Why output B rotation if you don't need to?"

That was my second question in my first post. Why is MCX6 putting out a B axis move when it was set to output in 4 axis.

That was my second question in my first post. Why is MCX6 putting out a B axis move when it was set to output in 4 axis.

If you are using a 5x post it will output the B axis even if that value will be zero.

There are two machine defs with the MpMaster post one is for Vertical the other is for Horizontal depending on which mmd is loaded will determine the axis assignment VMC rotating around X will output A, HMC rotating around Y will output B.

The direction for the rotary output is controlled by the properties of the A axis in the mmd.

If you are using a 5x post it will output the B axis even if that value will be zero.

There are two machine defs with the MpMaster post one is for Vertical the other is for Horizontal depending on which mmd is loaded will determine the axis assignment VMC rotating around X will output A, HMC rotating around Y will output B.

The direction for the rotary output is controlled by the properties of the A axis in the mmd.

I thought 5ax posts pretty much ignore the MD settings.... all handled in the pst.... (keyword thought)

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

"The post will output all axes assigned to it."

By telling MC 4 axis output didn't I assign it to just 4 axis?

Not really. You have only put a rotary constraint on the motion even though there may be multiple rotary solutions. There's a difference.

In the post, it's set up for 5-Axis output. There are 5-Axes assgned to this post (identified in the MD). In order to use that post, he's got a couple solutions. I believe he could go into the MD and uncheck the unwanted rotary axis, he could try that, the more drastic method would be to strip out the secondary rotary axis calls in the postblocks that are responsible for the output of motion.

I'm surprised the MPMaster post does not work. I use that one for my Robodrills that have Rotary Tables all the time with no issues.

HTH