Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Maximum feedrate limit.

?Mark

One of our machines is acting up and I needed to limit the maximum feedrate, but adjusting it in Machine definition had no effect on this.

I ended up changing it in the post (slightly tweaked MPMaster) by changing the value of "maxfeedpm".

It was quick and easy, but somehow I still think machine def parameters should be the place to change it, but it doesn't work.

Where/how do you limit your feedrates?

TIA

Mark,

It really depends on the post. Some posts are setup to read the MD settings, others (like MPMaster) are not.

The MD feedrate limit should have an effect on Mastercam though. When you enter a feedrate in the toolpath operation that is higher than your MD limit, you should get a warning dialog, and the feedrate will be overridden and set to the MD limit (it also appears in italics).

HTH,

My bad, I was adjusting the feed in the wrong tab in mach def. It should be in the "op feed rate limits" (not in axis feedrate limits).:whistle:

Colin,

I do get the warning now about exceeding machine feed limits every time except when using "output feed move" in "minimum vertical retract" in all of the high speed surfacing toolpaths.

Not right...

Thanks.

If you have a "Linear Axis Rapid Traverse Rate" clicked on in your machine def (General machine params > Axis Feed Rate limits), you may be substituting a fast G1 move instead of a Rapid move, and that feedrate may be set higher than your Toolpath Maximum Feed (on the first tab, Op. Feed Rates). If that's the case, just kick down the Rapid Traverse feedrate to something more acceptable.

It's all good now. Per my above post I was looking at the wrong tab in machine definition. It should be done in "op feed rate limit" tab.

I still don't get the warning when exceeding limits in "output feed move" in "minimum vertical retract" in all HS toolpaths.

@Tim, Wrong guy? :)

Thanks <cheers>

LOL, You're right Tim. :lol:

It was a little different issue though, scalling feedrates against max feedrates.

Another company, different posts, 10 times more machines, 100 times more problems...;)

I was actually told by a CNC employee at that time that it would be incorporated into md/cd....yeah right...:no

<cheers>