Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

FEED PLANE 9.1sp1

Jeremiah

I am having an issue with the feed plane in V9.1sp1. When I set the feed plane at absolute of -1.0 and the top of stock is at 0.0, the tool should rapid to 0.0. It is feeding from the clear plane and not outputting the feedrate till after the z feed move. looks like this :

G43 H200 Z1. /M8

G8 P1

G1 Z0.

X4.75 F100.

G3 X4.75 Y-1.0166 J1.0166

Has anyone else seen this and if so, how to fix ?

If this has been previuously discussed please direct me to the thread. I was unable to find this topic.

Thanks again yo great forum

Jeremiah

[ 07-30-2003, 01:26 PM: Message edited by: Jeremiah ]

When you do not have your z plane below Z 0 does it put the feed in right place. If it doesn't, then this is a post issue. Go look at your post and compare the command for feed and see if it is the same for your x,y move or other z moves as the same as what you want, play a little and see if you can tweak it the way you like. Just a little word of advice. I always make 3 backup copies of my posts and put One on the sever if on a network. One on my computer in another folder and another on a disk or CD. Good luck.

[ 07-31-2003, 10:09 PM: Message edited by: Millman^crazy ]

I noticed that problem back in May and it was logged as Bug #23229. The same problem exists in Circmill also. I got that logged as #23176.

I have used Mastercam for about 4 years and I do not remember this issue in any of the older versions. The Bummer is, if you take a pre-9.1 program and regen. The cycle time increases substantially, especially when the c/brs or holes are deep and the "Z" feed was low.

The only "work around" I know is to set the feedplane about .001 above the bottom. They recommended this to me. This creates a lot of extra g-code though and is not very "Clean".

Thanks

• 2 months later...