Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Active reports MSWord format yet???

Newbeeee™

Just wondering :sofa: as I'm waiting for Mu2 before loading X6, but does active reports allow saving in Word format yet?

Mu1? Mu2 or X7 beta?

I know the response I'll prolly git, blah blah have to kill me if you tell me and all that, and also X+ is the wuhaaay to go, but jist wondering :D

Hey Newbeeee

Im currently only using X5, but you can save Active Reports as a Rich Text Format (.RTF) and this is quite compatible with MS Word. Depending what you want it to do. I just had a play with it and it came across pretty well. Let me know how you go.

Brendan

Hi all,

Yes, it does save in RTF but when we played with it, it lost some of the geometry ie our tool table has boxed lines all around each tool for clarity, and rtf lost the boxes on import/save.

Also, it would be soooooo nice to not have to mess with save as etc...but I'm probably hoping/dreaming.

I would say that saving as a MS word document would not be a Mastercam controlled thing anyway...It would be built in to the activereports which is a datadynamics product...Chances of modifications of activereports on new releases of mastercam would be slim... prob not worth holding your breath for!

LOL - this has not been the thing that has held us up implementing X6.

We have just been so busy that when we were going to instal mu1, it was mentioned here that mu2 was in the pipeline, so that is the only reason that we held off.

FWIW, we use X+ for the quick set sheets for parts that don't repeat, and create long winded in word the set sheets for the parts that do repeat.

I put an enhancement request into CNC for this in X4 days and have a number...

BTW - Anyone use Nitro for converting pdf to word? is it 100% and easy peasy to use?