Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Setting defaults in toolpath parameters.

RandleXX

Is it possible to set default settings in toolpath parameters,for example: rapid retract always checked, cutter comp. always on "wear" by default?. I looked under the ALT-F8 settings and did not see settings for toolpath parameters.

Thanks.

[ 08-01-2003, 12:30 PM: Message edited by: RandleXX ]

There is a place to set that in screen configure (Alt-f8): screen config/nc settings/ operation defaults/then pick which op to change/parameters/and change all you desire. Then click ok ok ok/ ok save settings.

Good luck,

[ 08-01-2003, 12:41 PM: Message edited by: Andy ]

Actually your imagination is the limit.

You can have multiple cfg files for different materials,tool libraries,ops,posts you name it.

Just go in and setup what you want for each cfg you want and name that whatever. Or you can go further and link your post files to cfg files or vice-versa. Or you can setup default source files for different materials,tools,machines etc.

Mastercam is only limited by you really. cool.gif

HTH

Exactly Jim!

I just had this discussion the other day with my instructor...saving all sorts of configs,defaults,posts,operations,toolpaths, etc. allows you to almost build your own type of "feature recognition", except that YOU acutally create the parameters and save them, and then use that as a library of sorts to apply to features of different parts.

I'm just messing around with saving simple toolpath routines that I use alot (pockets,contour), and applying those "canned" routines to different parts. smile.gif