Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

X6 Dynamic mill

The Chipmaker

Ok two weeks into usibg X6 mu2 I have had the following issues. Gouges not shown in verify or backplot. Luckily it was in B1X material and not metal. The other is incorrect depth of a dynamic tool path. It posted out a pocket depth of .535 not the -.25 that was entered. Luckily it was a positive move and not a negative move.I think x6 will go back into hiding. Glad the company paid all the $$ for it.

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Rob,

I'll call you in a few but for me I don't see the same issue, I'll have you show me exactly what you're doing.

STEP BY STEP...

I've bee using these toolpaths for a long time, recently (and right now as a matter of fact) in some Ti and PH SS with excellent results. If I make a mistake in this material, tools WILL grenade and since I'm using Rego-Fix PowrGrip tools with no tool press here... my margin for error is ZERO! I have no way to change out tools.

STEP BY STEP...

I've bee using these toolpaths for a long time, recently (and right now as a matter of fact) in some Ti and PH SS with excellent results. If I make a mistake in this material, tools WILL grenade and since I'm using Rego-Fix PowrGrip tools with no tool press here... my margin for error is ZERO! I have no way to change out tools.

Joans already stirring the pot with this one.

He quoted the guy too

Off to save the forum from his antics :flys away: :welcome:

PEACE :D

STEP BY STEP...

+100000 to this. I just finished a turnkey in Ti 6al-4v using almost exclusively dynamic and opti toolpaths. I cut there 19 hour cycle time to 12 hours which requires 1 hour of the operators time and cut their tooling cost per part in half. 450 sfm and .0088 fpt with destiny raptors (thanks James for recommending them). All this would not be possible without these toolpaths. A big plus 1 on the regofix powergrip system too.