Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

How Many of you use this tool

cadcam

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

My new employer is new to MC, and their post-processor apparently does not support WCS. Or, really, output of anything besides G54 for any reason. (I haven't looked at the post processor yet to figure this out.)

Anyway, the shop standard practice has been to create a .MC9 file for each chucking (yuck). They aren't motivated to get the WCS tool working or to use it because it is "too complicated." My compromise has been to copy the model to as many levels as there are chuckings, and XForm each one accordingly and program from there. This has not caused me any problems so far, but since this method was not mentioned, maybe there is a hidden danger I am missing.

I prefer to use the WCS, too, and it keeps the file size smaller than copying the model 2 or 5 times...But, manipulating the model with XForm does seem more straightforward than WCS much of the time.

- Jesse

quote:

I get these cad drawings from the Navy that are drawn out in free space somewhere.

Andy These parts that you get from the Navy are drawn it Plane space? Our repair manuals are all drawn the same way all the parts are drawn out in space relative to the front nose of the plane. Makes importing files a pain unless you use the WCS. I know this is probably more info than anyone ever wanted to know but I was so excited that I could finally answer a question cool.gif

quote:

Silly question perhaps, but how does WCS differ from Cplane and Tplane other than if you're in say the bottom WCS, the "top" view is now the bottom. I've been moving origins and rotating Tplanes in unlimited rotations around parts since V8. They even verified correctly.

Thanks for any insight.

This is the way that I do it as well.

I would also like to see the light of any insight!!!!

Thanks

Glenn