Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

drip feed into control using an Ipad?

danielm

We need to solve the limited-memory-barrier problem so that we can run bigger programs on older machines.

It seems that a compact interface like an Ipad would work pretty slick but I've never done it like that.

What are people doing to drip feed programs into thier machines' controls lately?

Thx.

Our shop has used extremeDNC for years now it runs as a client/server app so differernt programmers can connect to it from thier pc's in different areas of the shop, our system runs through wireless but it can also be configured to run either through serial cables or ethernet and then serial cables by the machine..

It really depends on how many machines you need to drip feed too.. if its just one I would think using a serial cable from a laptop would be the easiest bet since thier is already applications out there for it.. however I dont think theres any reason an IPAD wouldnt work if you found an app for it.. though cant imagine theres many DNC apps for Ipads since it would be a pretty limited user base..