Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Punch all programs via Memory

GoetzInd

Hey guys,

Does anyone know if it's possible to punch programs via program with a Fanuc 18i? For example, I would like to backup all programs in the directory with our warm up macro every morning. This would be punched though channel 9 to our network which is backed up incrementally every day. I am tired of having to manually backup all our macros to keep track of any changes made in case there is a problem.

TIA

Mike

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Not that I was looking for this, but I cannot remember seeing it in the yellow books. Lots of different things in there like parameter setting to run a program once, and the control automatically deletes it at M30 etc, so there may be something???

It woudl have to be able to open up the I/O channel for programs while in cycle. Not possible. DPRINT yes, programs, no.

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

@ Craig,

He knows how to punch programs. He want to be able to

punch programs via program
meaning is there a command he can execute while another program is in cycle that will transfer all programs in memory out.