Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

still getting helix output

HEAVY METAL

I have my control def ticked not to post helix moves but I,m still getting a G02 or GO3 with all three axis moving. My post I;m using is a mpmaster and I dont see any settings in there for not allowing helix moves. Some of my other posts have this parameter under arc settings in the post. Not sure why mastercam is not reading my control def

I've encountered the same situation before. I set the arcs in the control defintion correctly, but the output is wrong. However, if I go into the post, and edit it there, the output is right.

It seems the Control Def isn't always rock solid...

The "default" control def (using MPmaster) has switches that do not work. Use Mill 3x using MPFan and more (NOT ALL) control def switches will work.

Why a software package would have buttons do nothing, but lead you to believe they do, is so far beyond comprehension.

Maybe I'll put john "d-bag" banqor on the case. :laughing:

rolling.gif

rolling.gif

• Like 2

LOL, bringing in the D-Bag Joan is pretty low :)

The "default" control def (using MPmaster) has switches that do not work. Use Mill 3x using MPFan and more (NOT ALL) control def switches will work.

Why a software package would have buttons do nothing, but lead you to believe they do, is so far beyond comprehension.

Maybe I'll put john "d-bag" banqor on the case. :laughing:

rolling.gif

rolling.gif

Heavy,

You could also just set the Toolpath Parameters to not output helixes. Use the Linearization Tolerance to force any helixes to be broken by a specific xy or z deviation. This Lin. Tol. can most often be found in the Cut Parameters tab. Max Depth Variance is a similar tolerance for breaking 3D toolpath into small line moves. If either of these are "greyed out" it's because there isn't any helix or 3D toolpath present. HTH :cheers: