Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Simple 4 axis contour help!

andrewkeisler

I am having problems with a simple 4 axis contour. I am trying to contour the outside of the part using a 4 inch facemill. I want the facemill to follow a line I have made in the center of the part (layer 1 geometry). I figured a wrapping feature would be the way to go but I have had no luck. Here is the attached file for x4. Thanks so much!

Andrew

RSL.MCX

looked at your file and that would be a 5x path that converts to a 4x, i dont have a seat for 5x, also that would require a lead tilt on the face mill to cut around that arc it will leave cusps, which isnt going to leave a nice finish, personally id get a ball mill and surface it or have a corner rounding mill made up thenside cuts and done with it

LOL. Yeah, that is awesome huh.

That was the only way I could use a flat endmill. I had to lable the diameter as 2 inches. I have no Idea why. When I labled it as 1 inch, the tool only showed up as .5 when previewing. I think it might have something to do with the arc of the ball nose that it is wanting to configure for.

It might be a month or 2 before I start producing these but I will post pics!