Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

how many people are using safe zone around part

kool

I have recently start using safety zone around a part for clearance in 3+2 axis indexing work. Please see the pic-1 below. I kind of like it in the begining, but then as always I start seeing Bugs in this nice feature.

It just does not work same in drilling operation as in Milling operation. In drilling I just can not keep my tool down when I use safety zone. After every hole it keep retracting to safe zone. On other hand in milling operation it use safe zone only at the begining and end of a operation.

Also when I changed my safety zone it do not update my operation automaticilly. I have to regen all my operation even though it is not dirty

Is there any way to keep drill down to feed plane when drilling multiple hole and retract to safe zone only in start and end of operation?

Please help!

post-22284-0-67420400-1354820648_thumb.png

post-22284-0-05841800-1354822361_thumb.png

post-22284-0-28738600-1354822376_thumb.png

post-22284-0-48974900-1354822388_thumb.png

post-22284-0-65712900-1354822399_thumb.png

Set your saftey zone back to off and only regen your drill operations. The safety zone is design to shoot your retracts and clearance to the current set safety zone. The nice thing about safety zones is that you can change them as you are programing and it will not affect your operations.

Example on how to use them.

For your 3-2 position turn on maybe sphere and regen your op. It will take on that zone.

For drilling maybe set it to off or block and regen those op's and it will take on that zone.

For another op you may need a cylinder or a bigger sphere then just regen that op.

So you're not just tied to only one saftey zone.