Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Standards

Bill Henderson

And...the print calls out MS33....I look that up....Superceded by MS33... rev ewhich I find is cancelled and rolled intoAS5202....which shows dimensional tolerances on everything except....minor dia. so they....reference AS 8879when on the DOD site has that document with just a reference to ...SAE AS8879now... 60 dollars later...find it is the same spec as the mil S....which was referenced in the original...MS33!!!!Good grief.

And...the print calls out MS33....I look that up....Superceded by MS33... rev ewhich I find is cancelled and rolled intoAS5202....which shows dimensional tolerances on everything except....minor dia. so they....reference AS 8879when on the DOD site has that document with just a reference to ...SAE AS8879now... 60 dollars later...find it is the same spec as the mil S....which was referenced in the original...MS33!!!!Good grief.

:rofl:

... and sign it in filpicate.

Bill - the ports will probably be J form (and thus truncated and increased core size).

This does all make me smile - take British Standard 1470 (or 1474 - can't remember) aluminimum spec, been superceded by the EN (euro-norm) specs.

They basically took the standard and split it into 14 other standards.......but the chemical composition and mechanical properties are still the same, so the mtl you get is still the same.

But there is now a truck load of reading and referencing of other documents.

But if they (Kwality) weren't meddling with this stuff, they'd have even more time to drink coffee and attend pointless meetings...

Does anyone have access to SAE AS8879 spec sheet?

I have been digging through countless folders searching for ours. I am in a hurry.

Trying to find a minor dia. tolerance for .375-24 thread.

Thanks if anyone has one.

According to AS8879 Rev.D

.375-24 Internal Thread- UNJF Class 3B

Minor Dia= .3344 - .3417

Pitch Dia.= .3479 - .3516