Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Problems modifying Setup Sheet in Active Reports Designer

Jake E.

I am trying to modify the Setup Sheet so the Notes (Note 1.dat, Note 2.dat and Note 3.dat) show up in the header of the setup sheet. No matter what i do I can not get the information to show up.

I attached a screen shot of the Active Reports Designer page. Any help would be appreciated.

Jake

post-45992-0-84304400-1360174462_thumb.jpg

I have this working on my activereport so it is definitely possible. Try entering in your datafield MCXFILE-LONG (instead of ../MCXFILE-LONG). Make sure your report datasource is set to //setupsheet (see attached picture. You may already have these settings in place, if so let me know and we'll see what else to do.

HTH Brendan

• Like 1

Hi Jake, sorry for that, I misunderstood what you were asking! this is one that I do not use, but just tested it on my setup sheet and it works. Your datafield should be "NCFILE/NCIFILE-LONG" to get what you want. the specificity of your datafield is relative to your report datasource. Since your datasource is //setupsheet...and you want to get to //setupsheet/ncfile/ncifile-long, you need to include the ncfile/ncifile-long in your datafield, not just the ncifile-long. Hope this makes some sense and is helpful.

Brendan

I found the best way to make sure you have the correct link when making these sheets is to drag the item you want from the "Fields" drop down in the upper right corner window to your sheet. If your links are setup properly that "Fields" drop down will populate every option you can use. I don't display the full path name for my programs so I use the shortened version and here is how my DataField box is displayed:

//NCFILE/NCFILE-SHORT

You just have to be careful which one you use. These ncfile data fields are spread out in multiple sections. Using the wrong one is very easy to do and it might not display correctly.

I found the best way to make sure you have the correct link when making these sheets is to drag the item you want from the "Fields" drop down in the upper right corner window to your sheet. If your links are setup properly that "Fields" drop down will populate every option you can use. I don't display the full path name for my programs so I use the shortened version and here is how my DataField box is displayed:

//NCFILE/NCFILE-SHORT

You just have to be careful which one you use. These ncfile data fields are spread out in multiple sections. Using the wrong one is very easy to do and it might not display correctly.

All i can find in there is the NCI file, not the NC file. See attached pic.

post-45992-0-17722400-1361448495_thumb.png

jake e. wat version of mastercam do you have. i am curiose because your set up sheet lookes nothing like mine. i have mcx4

drogers, You have the option of using activereports in X4, and can thus make a setup sheet that looks and provides the same information as Jake's. I feel you have your version configured to GUI or .SET file and that is why you are not seeing the same sort of thing. If you want a setup sheet like Jakes, firstly select activreports in your config file, and then have a look at the activereports designer that is supplied with mastercam