Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

3-D help please

R&C

ripped this out in 4min, very easy to surface once u know the process, this prolly wont work very well machining wise but i did it as and example of the how to surface

on the 1st tool path the step up height will reduce or enlarge the stair step,

2nd toolpath, the scallop height will increse or decrease the cut width passes

the 3rd toolpath was copied from the 2nd just has a finer scallop height and a zero stock to leave on the surface

What did you ckick on for the drive surface.

Thats what i'm haveing trouble with. After i select the tollpath i want, it ask for a drive surface. the book i have says click on ( all ) but it wants to cut the face and O.D. of part.

yeah when it asks for you to pick the drive or check surface, to only pick certain faces on a solid you have to click that button then it changes to this

un highlight the icon on the right, which disables the ability to select the whole solid, try that out

That help alot, The book doesnt show that,.

I have a couple more question.

1) a box pops up ( ToolPath/ Surface Selection) Do i need to click on any thing there? (contaiment ) does that apply here ?

2) when i did the toolpath the tool is going past the part when the tool goes up and down.

What controls how far the tool goes past the part,

can you show a pic on question #2,

for q#1 i used containment on the toolpath1 no containment on tp 2&3, containment will limit the area the cutter can travel in x,y direction, so if u have large surface and only want to cut a specific area, draw 2d geometry around the area you want the cutter to stay inside, and set parameters accordingly in the toolpath page