Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Turn off levels by clicking on entities

Thad

Is there a chook, VB script, or any other method of turning off levels just by clicking on entities? For example, if I click on a line, I want the level that that line resides on to turn off immediately. As I click around on various things, levels get shut off and geometry disappears.

This would come in very handy when working with die assemblies. Otherwise, I have to analyze a detail to see what level it's on, then shut that level off. Repeat...repeat...etc.

Thad

Gismo,

Bryan was nice enough to create one for me, but I haven't tested it yet. I'll try his and yours and post the results. Thank you for your kindness. I'd also like to publicly thank bryan314 for creating the new chook for me. You guys are great!

Thad

Well, here's my critique.

Both Bryan's and Gismo's chooks seem indentical, other than the text that is shown on the screen. They both perform the task they are intended to, but both are equally slow. I'm not sure if this is caused by the way the chook funtions or by the speed of the computer (2.4 Ghz) and the size of the file (35MB). I know size has *something* to do with it because the second file I tested it on was smaller (7MB) and it was drastically quicker. The big file took 15-16 seconds to execute the change. I imagine that MC has to search the entire MC9 file to find all entities that reside on your selected level, then turn them off. It's understandable that this would take some time. This confirms that the less MC has to search, the quicker the execution takes place. Unfortunately, the time when this chook is the most advantageous is when you're working with a bigger file. Fortunately, we don't use files that big on a regular basis.

What would be a nice feature is if you could select more that one entity to turn off at a time...like your original chook keeplvs. The keeplevs chook works very nice, BTW.

These chooks are very handy and plan to get a lot of use out of them. Thank you both for your contribution! smile.gif

Thad

Thad !

quote:

I'm not sure if this is caused by the way the chook funtions or by the speed of the computer (2.4 Ghz) and the size of the file (35MB)

On your big file open operation manager , select one layer as active and hide all others.

Press ok and look how much time it will take for MC to do it?

Check your database allocation ( the cad partof memory allocations ).

Iskander enterin` teh skeptic mode

It's probably the size of the file and your graphics card. My chook is just doing the equivalent of alt-z turning levels on and off.

quote:

What would be a nice feature is if you could select more that one entity to turn off at a time...like your original chook keeplvs.

No problem. Here's an updated version of ZapLevels:

http://www.ivanxxxx.com/ZapLevels.zip

Someone else has my hasp with the v9 license so I was only able to give the v8.1.1 one a quick test but the 9 version should be fine.

Bryan smile.gif

quote:

Someone else has my hasp with the v9 license

Could you please ship it to me as soon as you get it back. Also forward all updates and future upgrades.

Thanks

Glenn

P.S. J/K But I can't help but want somthin for nothin.

[ 09-08-2003, 02:42 PM: Message edited by: heeler ]

smile.gif Yep. Born-n-raised in GR. Used to live 10min from anywhere. smile.gif

frown.gif Now live in the middle of Amish Country where the nearest Meijer's, Burger King, Big Boy, Movie theater, etc is over 30mins away. frown.gif

biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif Live less than a mile away from work and I hate driving in rush hour traffic. biggrin.gif

Bryan smile.gif

We now return you to you regular un-hijacked thread.