Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

surface model help

Müřlıń®

In guys I have tried everything humanly possible, even did the boolean trick.

Nothing works. I have wasted 30 hrs....

I was wrong about not getting the message in x3. I did get it one time but changed the tolerance to. 002 and it worked. X5 wouldn't even process the file with a .01 tolerance.

My next plan is to send the file to some of the guys with x6 and x7 and let them try to regeneration the NCI with my settings and see.

I will keep you informed.....since I stopped using mastercam in ver 3, I had not run across this error before.

But some of the guys tell me it is showing up in ver 7 as well....and this is a bit disappointing to me.

But a workaround does exist.....just have to go back about 10 years...ROR....

I now suspect it is associated with Catia5. Since the dies from the customer came from Catia. And I have also got that same error from a scanned model that also came from Catia.

but I wouldn't rule out the scanning program that was used to scan the piece part.

I have ruled out a video or some other sort of hardware issue since I have tried it with intel,radian,gforce and some other on board driver since I have tried tell file on 4 different machines.

What other toolpath does the same thing as surface finish contour?

Well, I tried for a while with spaceclaim...quite a while. I was fixing surfs one at a time and checking in mastercam. When I did the very last remaining surf, a whole bunch of "inexact vertices" popped up, that weren't there before. Back and forth back and forth I'd fix one issue, and a slew of new issues would materialize.

I'm far from a wizard with spaceclaim. If you want I could send it to someone who is. Let me know.

Waterline is the highspeed equivalent in MC. Hybrid will do some of this as well.

Chris, i got the same results in SW, vertices, knife edges and so on, hundreds of them. I couldn't even get decent patch or boundary surfaces in it.

I did recieve messages about the export/import tolerances but didn't get a chance to mess with them.

Its ok guys don't waste anymore time on them.

I just thought there might be an easy button.

But of course not rour....

I have a workaround and am not wasting anymore time.

Next time I get that message for any reason I am just whipping out the old antiquated stuff that will work :)