Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

multiple hard drives & 8.1

J.Taylor

I received my update to version 8.1 yesterday, and I am now trying to customize my toolbar, hotkeys etc. I run mastercam off my C:drive, and save the mc8 and nc files to my D:drive. As soon as I modify my .cfg file to save the .nc file to my D: drive, I am unable to post from inside my operations manager. We updated from ver 7.2c, and it worked fine there. Any suggestions to what I maybe doing wrong?

Thanks

J.T.

pen 3 450mhz, win nt, 384 meg

There is no error, when I hit post inside the operations manager, the operation manager flashes from the screen, just like it is going to post the file, and pops back up after a couple of seconds, and doesnt post. The post works fine if I set it to save on the c: drive.

Thanks,

J.T.

I knew this sounded familiar...

I do not have this problem, but I have heard of this recently. I had contacted Technical Support at mastercam.com (unrelated question) and they had accidentally responded to me with the following (I edited it for brevity...)

quote:

Subject: RE: Error with Posted Mastercam file

If I understand it correctly, the Post Processing dialog box does NOT display when the Post button is clicked from the Operations Manager. So you have this set of steps:

Operations Manager

Click Post

"flash"

Right back to Operations Manager

If your customer has a different scenario, please tell me what steps are taken and what happens.

They have obviously been working on it and may have an answer now. If no one here can help and your reseller doesnt have the answer, contact [email protected].

Like I said, I think that you are supposed to contact your reseller before contacting Mastercam directly. Although I dont have the answer, I hope this helps.

[This message has been edited by Mark H (edited 03-14-2001).]

When I change the path of the file is when I get the problem. And I also do have the save .nc and edit active. Like I said earlier, the post works fine if I have the path in screen/config set to the c:, as soon as I change it to the d: it will not post inside my operations manager.

Thanks,

J.T.

Hello,

I just ran into the same problem today. I set the NC file path to A: (Just finished installing Ver 8.1) and it did exactly what you say. Worked fine in Ver 8.0. Changed path back to C: and it works fine. It does work from NC Utilities/ Post Process to the A: drive.

Hmmmmmmmmmm

BerTau